Mathew 18:5

"And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me." Mathew 18:5

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Melkam Gena!


January 7, 2014 is my son’s Christmas in Ethiopia. Melkam  Gena ( means Merry Christmas in Amharic). We are extremely proud of our son’s Ethiopian heritage and would like to keep it dear to him when he comes home also. We decided to celebrate his holiday with him. I am a part of a special AGCI Ethiopia group on Facebook and some of these special mothers gave me some great ideas and recipes to help us celebrate. We ate by candle light, had some delicious Ethiopian food. I made Wat,Ethiopian honey bread  (“Yermarina Yewotet Dabo”)  and of course popcorn, a favorite by my kiddos. The girls loved wearing their scarves.  Here are some pics of our dinner.  
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment