Mathew 18:5

"And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me." Mathew 18:5

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Come on PAIR Letter!


So, I don’t have much to share about when Nick and I will be traveling to meet our son. We are in what is called a PAIR process and we are waiting on a PAIR letter. This process is very new and became effective September 1, 2013. PAIR stands for Pre - Adoption Immigration Review. This process will protect adoptive parents and also protect the adopted child and promote the best interests of the child. This PAIR letter is a pre-approval letter. The process can take 4-7 months. We are praying it doesn’t take that long. We have been assigned an officer to our case, which we can contact to see where our PAIR letter is and just get an update. Nick has spoken with her and he says she is very nice. We are going to email her on Monday to check on it. We sent our PAIR paperwork the 1st week of January. So it has been 2months already. I can’t explain how much I think of K and worry about K daily. I have to admit I worry so much about this adoption and I just want K home. My arm literally aches to hold him. Every time my family sits down to eat dinner together I see that empty chair and my heart aches. We put his bed up in his room with his big brother and let me tell you seeing his bed with his new matching comforter just like his big brother’s kills me. I picture myself lying down in his bed with him rubbing his back until he falls asleep. Oh my heart, please everyone pray that God moves mountains to get K home soon. I know I do not have control over this, God does. I have read that “waiting for” is an active display of faith in God during tough situations.
Kaitlynn and I were in Columbus last month for her Government class and we decided to check out an Ethiopian restaurant. We are trying to learn as much as we can about K’s culture. Let me tell you we love his culture and food. Yummy!!! Kait and I shared a sampler platter. The meat was lamb. It was so good!  In Ethiopia they don’t eat with utensils.  They eat with injera, (like pancake bread) you tear a piece off and dip and scoop the food up with it. Its takes a little bit to get used to but Kait and I figured it out.  











No comments:

Post a Comment