Mathew 18:5

"And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me." Mathew 18:5

Monday, June 5, 2017

HE CAN MOVE THE MOUNTAIN!

We have been waiting 26 months for our children to come home. Most of you know that on April 21st, the Prime Minister of Ethiopia instituted an indefinite suspension on international Adoptions from Ethiopia. We still don't know why he has done this. He did not state a reason. This suspension has affected over 200 American families. We are one of those families. My entire family has been broken hearted over this. We are fighting and will never give up. They are our children and we will someday be all together as a family. We contacted our congressmen. Bob Latta's office has been wonderful. The State Department is working for all families waiting to bring their babies home. I posted on my Facebook and asked you all to sign a petition to help bring these children home. I was overwhelmed by the response. My family feels so loved by all of you. Thank you for taking time out of your day to sign and share my post. 

I went by myself to meet my beautiful children in March. I can't even find words to describe this meeting. It was by far breathtaking. Praise the lord a sweet momma captured it on video so my husband and children could see it. Most of my close friends and family have seen this video. I was asked to be the guest speaker at the YWCA for the Tribute to Women of Achievement. During my speech I showed the video of meeting my children, the video included meeting Kuchman for the 1st time also. I don't think there was a dry eye in the place. Everyone who has watched it cries. Watching God's miracles is very emotional and joyful. My children welcomed me with open arms and if you could only see the hug. My son was even rubbing my back because, well I was sobbing. I spent 2 weeks with them, 4 hours a day. I got to know them very well. They are the kindest, sweetest children. My son carried my book bag every day to the car when it was time for me to leave. My daughter would hold my hand everywhere we would go. We played uno, soccer and hop scotch daily. They even taught me a lot of their language so I could better communicate with them. I surprisingly learned fast. They laughed at me all the time because it just didn't sound right with my American accent.
We bonded! They called me mom! When I left them we were all sobbing. My daughter got physically sick. I told them I would be back soon. I am their HOPE! They have been in the orphanage 5 years. They are not orphans, they have a family who loves them and will fight for them.

With all that said, I'm heading back to Ethiopia in 9 days. I'm going alone again. I am not scared. God will be with me just like he was in my 1st trip. I felt him the entire time I was there. He put fear behind me. He sent an angel for me by the name of Victor before I even got on the plane. My husband was in tears when I told him about Victor. You see, my husband prayed that God would send someone to help me. When I left my husband at the Columbus airport I was a mess. I can't imagine how he felt leaving me like that. God answered his prayers. God also had a sweet angel waiting for me in Ethiopia. I didn't know it but he set it all up. I met a woman named Allison at my hotel. Allison was in the process of adopting a sweet little boy. We were with the same agency and our kids are in the same foster home. She became my Rock and even took care of me when I got sick. That's a new level of being scared. Sick in another country by yourself. Allison gave me comfort and calmed me down when I couldn't calm myself. She sat on my bed and took care of me. I will be forever grateful for this woman. She and her husband are now home, and praise the lord their son is home with them. They were able to come home before the April 21st suspension. 

My plane will leave June 15th and I will arrive on June 16th. June 16th is a special day, it's my daughter birthday. I will land at 7am on her birthday. They do not know I'm coming. I'm going to surprise them on B's bday. This will be the 1st time she has celebrated her birthday. This will be a day to remember. I will be there another two weeks. While I'm there I'll will talk to them and see if they understand why they are not coming home yet. I will let them know we will never give up. We will be a family. Even if it takes my entire family moving to Ethiopia. Yes, you read that right. We will move there if that's the only option we have to be a family. 
With that said, I want to take a minute to tell you about my incredible husband. This man supported me when I left for my 1st trip. He held the fort down. You all know we don't have much family. My mom got sick while I was in Ethiopia so Nick was on his own. While in Ethiopia I realized friends are family. You all stepped up, made meals, picked kids up from practices, and even texted Nick asking to pick up the kids just to give him  a break. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I love you all. 

My husband while holding the fort down was worried about his wife in a foreign country. He missed me so much as I did him. We are each other best friends. We have never been away from each other this long. With that said Someone had to hold the fort down here. With not much family we can't ask our friends to take care of our kids for two weeks and Kait is in school. It's not fair to her to leave her with 3 very busy kids in sports and school. So only one could go. My selfless husband told me to go. I will be forever grateful for that. He's stepping back and letting me bond with our children. It's a long story but when we adopted Kuchman, it took Kuchman a long time to love me or even want anything to do with me. Nick was the hero and really all he wanted. That happens a lot with adoption, the men become the hero( the preferred parent). I read about it and even took classes on it. I thought I was prepared if it was to happen. Well I wasn't. It broke my heart and I cried myself to sleep many nights. Kuchman came around about 6 months after being home. He now is my sidekick. He loves his mommy with all his heart. 

So my amazing husband who wants to meet his children so bad is letting me go by myself once again so I can bond more with them. If that's isn't LOVE I don't know what is!
I am reminded of Christ's love through the love my husband has for me. His love is unconditional, selfless, and forgiving. I'm so blessed to have someone who can hold me, guide me, comfort me and support me with every crazy idea I come up with. I firmly believe that our common love for Christ has kept us together and growing stronger. Through all of our pain and heartbreak after receiving the news about our Adoption on April 21st, my husband stayed faithful. While his broken wife was a mess and was doubting. I remember one night I looked over at him in bed ( he had the iPad) I said what are you looking up? He replied I'm looking for a job in Ethiopia. That is FAITHFUL! The devil will not win! We are not on his side! We are faithful to our God just like God is to us. He didn't bring us this far to give up. So I will board that plane in 9 days. I will get off that plane and I will squeeze my girl on her birthday and squeeze my son also. They will see momma came back and will not give up. 
While in county I will go to meetings at the US embassy to find out any new information on the suspension. We are praying for a miracle While I'm there. God can move this mountain. I will be leaving Ethiopia on the night of my birthday. So I will get to spend my entire birthday with my children. That's a great birthday. The only thing that can top that present is if they lift the suspension and my children will get the okay to come home. Please pray for that miracle. Please pray for my incredible husband as he works full time ( 2 jobs) and takes care of 4 children while his wife is gone. Im so blessed to call this man my husband. Thank you Nick, I love you ALWAYS!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment