Mathew 18:5

"And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me." Mathew 18:5

Thursday, July 6, 2017

IN OUR BONDAGE HE IS OUR FREEDOM

Salem from Ethiopia! I arrived in Ethiopia on June 16th. On my daughter's
birthday. I surprised them. The video will have you all in tears. I can't wait
to show it to my close friends and family. B went running to me and A stood up
and started clapping his hands. I was a mess, well we all were. I got her a cake
and we had a huge celebration. The nannies had the room all decorated. This was
her 1st birthday celebration ever. This was a day I'll never forget.

Many of you know that I did not get on my return flight on my birthday. I
cancelled my flight and I have no idea when I will come home. I will be home
when God moves this mountain and breaks all chains so that our children can come
home.
This is the hardest thing I have ever done. I miss my family back home. It's so
hard when you have two families across the world from another. I miss Kuchman
saying " mom can you oil me up?" I miss sleeping with my baby girl. I miss
Gabe's baseball games and him saying " mom come in my room and talk to me!" I
miss Kaitlynn's clumsiness and the things that come out of her mouth, that Nick
and I look at each other and laugh about. Haha , sorry Kait! I miss hearing my
husband's truck pull in after he gets off work. I miss him hugging me and
telling me it's going to be okay when I fall apart. Falling apart has been a
daily thing here for me.
I have sobbed and pleaded in front of so many strangers. A taxi driver even
picked me up drove me around and prayed  for me because I was crying so hard
while walking by myself on the streets of Ethiopia.
God has given me so much courage. I walk to see my kids everyday. I'm very
comfortable here. I walk to get groceries by myself. I walk up to a church to
pray often. I love Ethiopia and the people here. I have even got to wash some
hair at the barber shop here. They love when I come and hang out. Oh how I miss
doing hair. I did give B her 1st haircut.
My dear friend Kelli took me on a weekend trip out of the city. I'm so grateful
she did this for me. The country side is absolutely breathtaking. I will post
when I get home. Africa is amazing. I fed a wild monkey out of the palm of my
hand. Ummmmmm ya, I don't think brave is a good word for that, I'm thinking
crazy is better. I rode in a boat to see the hippos and I may or may not have
freaked out when the boat got a little to close for comfort for me. Haha!
Of course I'm still the thrifty Val. I wash my clothes in the sink with a bar of
soap. My friend Kelli just gave me some laundry detergent so I don't have to
wash with the bar of soap anymore haha! I keep sniffing my clothes now. I eat in
my room most days. Ramen noodles and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches is what
I live off of. Oh I long for a home cooked meal.

When I told my son I was leaving on my birthday he cried. That moment I knew I
could not leave them. My 1st thought was how in the world can I stay here? How
can my husband manage 2 jobs and taking care of the children? Well he's rocking
it. He's amazing and strong. All of you know by now we have no family to help
us. I'm in awe at the help we have with just friends. We never even have to ask.
You guys just show up with meals and texts saying how can I help? Last weekend
Nick texted me saying Kait has to work Sunday so I'm going to have to take the
day off from work. I freaked out and said you have to save those days for when
it's time to come here. A couple hours later he texted me and said Kristen is
taking gabe to his game and the little ones are going with Kristen's parents for
the day. Then all the kids are eating supper and spending the night at Linda's. I'm in tears and
amazing by all of you. I'm so grateful!
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

I can not give any details about our case. We would just like to ask all of you
for prayers. We firmly believe in the power of prayer. Everyday I write a
different prayer out for our children. We sit and hold hands with their special
momma( nanny). I say the prayers line by line and she translates for me. One day
I asked A what he wanted to do for the day. His answer was " pray mom!" I'm a
lucky momma to have kids who believe in, and love our Lord and Savior! I have had so
many families come up to me to say they have fallen in love with your kids, and
because of them we would be open to adopting an older child. My kids are a
reflection of Jesus! They are so sweet and kind.
We will wait on the Lord at this point. Waiting is so hard for me. I think in
this 2 1/2 year journey I'm getting better at waiting. Just a teeny bit better. 
I'm asking God to meet me where I'm at spirituality and take any doubts or fears
from me.
I'm asking God to allow me to be brave, when my mind is clouded. I know our
Lord's mighty hand protects us and delivers us.
I will praise our Lord in good times and bad times. I see God working in
Ethiopia. I know He has performed many miracles. I know He hears ours cries. He
alone is the all powerful and merciful God.
Our seasons change but our God stays the same. We know He will make a way. We
know He holds all the answers. In our bondage, He is our freedom. In our
weakness, He is the power! We know He is faithful. We know He will break all
chains. He will lift Satan's hand off our paperwork. He will perform a miracle!
We trust in Him!
Thank you all for praying for my family. For my kids and I in Ethiopia and
my husband and kids who miss me so much back home. I can't wait to share with
you all, God's miracle! Our children A and B!



4 comments:

  1. God Bless you Steyer family. You are always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and your faith in our God. Be strong and know that God has got this, and you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending love and prayers Val. 💜💜💜
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your faith and strength are absolutely amazing, Val! Godspeed to you and your family during this journey built on love and grace.

    ReplyDelete