Mathew 18:5

"And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me." Mathew 18:5

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Prayers




Today is Easter. The day Jesus rose from the dead. I have so much to thank Jesus for, dying for all of our sins. It was there on that cross that You shed Your blood and died for us. By this, Jesus, You took the punishment that we deserve and in return you offered your righteousness. This verse says it all. “He (God) made him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21. I can’t thank you enough…..
As my family and I woke up this morning I couldn’t help but think about my child in Africa. Kaitlynn, Gabe, and Lily ran downstairs to see what the Easter bunny had brought them. They were really excited. We left for church. The service was on the resurrection. Amazing!!! We came home and played outside with the kids. What a beautiful day! It was then time for dinner. As we sat down to eat our meal together we bowed our heads to pray. I couldn’t help but notice the empty chair at our table. I prayed please God keep your arms around him. I wonder, does he know you God? Does he know what happened 2,000 years ago? What you went through for all of us? With all these questions running through my head I prayed harder. Lord you already know the child you have chosen for us. Please show him your presence and be with him. The day can’t come sooner when that empty chair is filled. With our precious son, who you have chosen for us. The day can’t come any sooner when there will be another Easter basket to fill. That day can’t come any sooner when in our Easter picture of the kids, I will have my two beautiful girls and two handsome boys. The day can’t come any sooner that I can teach my son more about you Jesus. I pray again God please give Nick and I comfort and patience through this journey to our son. I know that my impatience is selfish. I need to focus and put all the Glory back on you God. For You have never let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment