Mathew 18:5

"And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me." Mathew 18:5

Friday, March 22, 2013

My Elephant Pregnancy!



I absolutely love this picture and the bible verse! This says it all! You see I have a dear friend who is pregnant. We were talking about her amazing gift from God (her pregnancy). In our conversation we started also talking about my adoption. I had made the comment that I have an elephant pregnancy. Elephants are pregnant for almost 2yrs and that’s about our waiting time to hold our beautiful boy we are adopting from Ethiopia. My friend, Amy, had seen this picture in a store and thought of me. She brought it to me at my shop. I cried and cried. Such an amazing picture and the bible verse, you can’t get any more perfect! I will forever love elephants and respect them, for waiting for the beautiful gift of life for 2 yrs. It is a long time, but well worth the wait!.......
Our process is moving right along. We have had an hour conference call with both our case manager and social worker this week. We have received our workbook and started on our online classes; we have to take 10hrs of classes. We started working on our paper work for our homestudy, which is around 120 pages, and sent in for birth certificates. Nick and I are just getting started. We are feeling a little overwhelmed. With patience and trust in God we will get through these stressful, tough times. Waiting on our miracle from God is worth it all. Thanks for following along.

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture and verse!! And I totally remember those overwhelmed feelings. I remember when we started our adoption, a dear friend (also an adoptive momma) told me that there were times during the process when all she wanted to do was curl up in the bottom of the boat and go to sleep. But Jesus was telling her to get out of the boat and walk on water. I remember those days - in fact, I still have them now sometimes even though I'm not sitting behind stacks of paperwork! But God is faithful - He will bring you through. And there is a glorious surprise waiting for you on the other side! Can't wait to see who He has in store for you! :)

    ReplyDelete